Monday, October 26, 2015

Post 7

In teaching Bloom's Taxonomy (hierarchal stages of remembering, understanding, applying, analyzing, evaluating, creating), Powerpoint will be a great tool.  To most effectively teach this concept, I will first broadly introduce the topic on the first slide, perhaps showing an illustration of the taxonomy.  I will then explain each level more in-depth, having each slide describe each level.  I will then briefly recap the new material and check the students' understanding with a simple self-check slide.

Adaptive technologies are of utmost importance!  It is impertinent that I, to the best of my ability, help students with disabilities learn at the same pace as my other students.  Adaptive technologies such as brail printing and computer text readers will help foster student learning.  I do not currently know of any specific student that is in need of adaptive technology.  One potential problem I predict is student-disability immersion.  Although these technologies will help increase student learning and productivity, it could result in isolating the disabled student from the rest of the class.  

The teacher website was surprisingly fun and incredibly easy! It was unfortunate that weebly does not have a "calendar" function in its setup, but besides that, I was very pleased with the user-friendly website.  I will absolutely use this tool when I become a teacher.  It is a great way to stay connected to both students and parents.  
 
http://teachernumber1.weebly.com

1 comment:

  1. Hunter- I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the web design assignment! Although they don't always have the elements you need (like the calendar!), they are fairly easy to navigate. Great work!

    ReplyDelete